Options & Prices / Frequently Asked Questions
Through One License, license holders have access to thousands of congregational hymns, songs, and service music from today's top liturgical music publishers to use in worship aids, service bulletins, and projections to inspire congregational singing. Our list of Member Publishers is regularly growing, and as new ones join, you will immediately have access to their catalogs.
A One License subscription is comprehensive, convenient, and cost-effective. Our rates are equitably and fairly based upon the average weekly attendance of your congregation. For more information on pricing, please visit our Options & Prices page.
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for additional guidance.
Reprint License (Annual, Event, or Single-Use)
- One License is the most comprehensive way to acquire reprint permissions from multiple publishers at the same time.
Online reporting is the quickest way to inform our Member Publishers of the titles you have reprinted.
- Annual Licenses cover consistent usage over the course of one year; Event Licenses cover retreats, conventions, conferences, etc. that are up to seven days; Single-Use Licenses are designed for one-time events, including weddings and funerals. If your organization has an up-to-date Annual License, then congregational gatherings of all varieties are covered.
- An Annual License combines the catalogs of your favorite Member Publishers and is far less expensive than obtaining permission from each publisher individually. One License is an Internet-based service with no paper reports to fill out or mail. Reporting takes mere minutes per week or month.
- Reprint Licenses are intended for congregational use only. One License does not cover music for choirs, ensembles, accompanists, or instrumentalists.
- Revolutionize the way you connect with your congregation and the world.
- This license not only allows you to archive your services for the duration of the license, but also to live-stream to members of your congregation who may be homebound, traveling, or serving in active duty.
- Priced at 50% of your Annual License cost, for as many services as you wish to podcast/stream.
- Our Podcast/Streaming License uses the same convenient reporting technology as the Annual License, which has set new standards for quick, accurate, and easy online reporting.
- If you do not have a current Annual License, you may purchase your Annual License and Podcast/Streaming Licenses together on our Options & Prices page. Existing Annual License holders may add the Podcast/Streaming License on their account profile page. The cost of adding the Podcasting/Streaming License will be prorated to expire the same time as your Annual License. Please contact us for podcasting/streaming inquiries for non-annual holders.
- The Podcast/Streaming License covers content only from live worship services. No use of commercial masters or publisher-owned recordings is covered. The License expires when the adjoining Annual License expires; at that point, all material licensed under the Podcast Streaming License must be removed.
- The number of downloads of each podcast is limited to three times the size of your average weekly attendance.
- Not all Member Publishers that are covered by an Annual License will allow their material to be used for podcasting/streaming. Click here for a list of participating Member Publishers.
- The podcast/stream must include the following words at the end of the service or on the website containing a link to the podcast/live stream: "Permission to podcast/stream the music in this service obtained from One License with license #A-000000."
- You should report any music from our Member Publishers (e.g., instrumental settings) that is podcast/streamed, even if you do not need to reprint the music in your bulletin or project it on a screen.
- The Podcast/Streaming License is intended to cover music. Certain liturgical content, including Scripture readings, will require permission directly from the copyright holder of this material.
- The Practice-Track License enables Music Ministers to create practice CDs or MP3s for their choir or ensemble members. With this license, you are able to:
- Copy demonstration recordings provided by a Member Publisher,
- Copy commercial CDs or MP3s purchased from a Member Publisher or record company,
- Record your own versions of covered songs for your ensemble (that difficult tenor part, for example, or an accompaniment track),
- Burn CDs and email MP3s.
For a complete list of Member Publishers who participate, click here.
- Once tracks are recorded, our convenient technology allows you to easily report your usage.
- Users will purchase one-year subscriptions in blocks of credit.
- One credit is good for one copy of one song of up to five minutes in length
- For works longer than five minutes, each five-minute section, or portion of, equals one credit.
- Complete Mass or liturgical settings count for no more than five credits.
- Burn CDs and email MP3s.
Please visit our Options & Prices page for more information.
Note: The Practice-Track License is for practice and rehearsal purposes only and does not cover recordings for use within a live worship service.
- Log in with email and password.
- Choose the week you wish to report usage for. Our week runs from Thursday through Wednesday, rather than dividing a weekend over multiple reports.
- Follow the prompts to report your reprints. Most of the songs you use will already be in the One License database, allowing you to click and report. If a title cannot be found, simply fill out the manual submission report form; after our staff and the Member Publisher reviews and approves the title, it will be available for other users to view and report.
For additional help with reporting, please contact us for assistance.
How to Search For Titles
How to Download Titles
How to Report Titles